If you’ve gotten a little bored of the same few vegan options at Chipotle, this vegan chicken bowl from the Vegan Fast Food cookbook is reminiscent of the original, with much more flavor and vibrancy. Add toppings such as grilled bell peppers, pico de gallo, roasted corn salsa, black olives, or pickled jalapeños.
- For the chicken, to a blender, add mushroom seasoning, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, chipotles, garlic, lime juice, stock, and salt, and blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until lightly browned, then add sauce. Cook for 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and sauce is fragrant and slightly thickened.
- For the beans, to a medium pot, add all ingredients, and stir to combine. Cook until heated thoroughly.
- For the rice, in a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until butter is well-dispersed.
- To assemble, to a serving bowl, add 1 cup of rice and a scoop of black beans and chicken. Top with avocado, pico de gallo, roasted corn, vegan sour cream, and hot sauce, and serve.